It is thanks to Golfing World magazine that there is a photograph of the opening day which shows a large crowd of smartly dressed men and women, the men turned out in neat suits and caps, suitable attire for golfing in the early 1900’s, while the women are more formally attired in Victorian dresses of the day with ornate hats, and in a nod to the changeable weather of May one lady has her hands in a fur muffler. A band that played during the day is visible along with the colonial flag, which according to the report, was supplied by a Miss Flynn from “Sunnyside” at St. Ann’s Hill Hydro. 7.
According to other newspaper reports of the day there was a marquee erected on the course in place of a club pavilion, possibly on the same space where the first clubhouse would later be built. Tea and refreshments served throughout the afternoon It is most likely that the food and drink, as well as well as the crystal glasses and delph, was supplied by At Ann’s Hill and the service also provided by staff from the Hydro; Dr. Barter of St. Ann’s Hill was one of the driving forces behind the new club.
Guests arrived both by horse and carriage to the entrance to the course which still stands today on the road between Cloghroe church and the train station at Coachford junction; visitors also arrived by Muskerry tram which stopped close to the newly formed club, visitors would have alighted here and after a short walk would have been able to enjoy the day from the marquee, or going around the new course if they so wished.